Urgent call for membership pledges
If anyone would like to help us get a 24/7 dedicated space ( See the Spacening 2016 thread on the [forum]) and is prepared to commit to paying membership fees, please fill out this questionnaire. We are on the brink of getting a space with the right amount of committed pledgers. Thank you for your support.
A guide to the likely amount is detailed in this spreadsheet.
You can view the results of our pledges so far here.
Welcome to Surrey & Hampshire Makerspace
Welcome to Surrey & Hampshire Makerspace, a group of geeks who are trying to found a makerspace somewhere around the Surrey/Hampshire border. If you would like to join us, please join our Google Group, or pop into #sh-makerspace on freenode or Webchat.
What is a Makerspace?
A makerspace or makespace (also referred to as a hacklab, hackerspace or creative space) is a location where people with common interests, often in computers, technology, science, digital or electronic art (but also in many other realms) can meet, socialise and/or collaborate. Makerspaces can be viewed as open community labs incorporating elements of machine shops, workshops and/or studios where hackers can come together to share resources and knowledge to build and make things.
We meet weekly, on a Friday evening from 18:30 til late at Games Galaxy in Farnborough.
Take a look at pictures taken at our meetups [here]
A schedule of our meetings may be found on our blog:
How to get in touch
- Join us on:
- Add yourself to our Members Map
How to get involved
Want to help out? There are lots of ways:
- Read the Minutes of the previous Meetings
- Contribute to the Agenda for next meeting
- Adopt a task on our Task List
- Add a pledge to our Pledges or
- Build yourself a RepRap and spread the word
- Donate or help us acquire Equipment
- Become one of our Sponsors
- Join in our Space Search 2012
- Add your ideas for workshops or Events
- Contribute to Community Projects (or Projects)
- Get creative and contribute to logo and marketing design
- Help build our Library and see what books you can borrow